When applying for a grant you must be able to supply:
- A constitution- If you are a community group we will ask for your Constitution or Set of Rules. If you are a company limited by guarantee we will ask for copies of your Memorandum & Articles of Association.
- Accounts- We will ask for a copy of your most recent accounts. Please make sure that your income, expenditure and any free reserves are comprehensible.
- A bank Statement- We will ask for a current bank statement, this must be for an account in the name of your group. We are unable to pay into an individual’s bank account.
- Quotes- We will ask for two competitive quotes for any work to be carried out over £1000.
- References- We will usually ask for two references depending on the grant programme. Please check individual guidelines.
References must be provided by someone independent of your organisation who knows the work of your organisation well and supports the work of the project that you are seeking funding for. References must include:
- How the referee knows your organisation
- Background information about the organisation
- An outline of the proposed project funding is being requested
- The beneficiaries and volunteers involved
If you think you may have a problem providing any of the above please contact us before submitting an application.
The Charity Commission website has a comprehensive guide to writing governing documents and a guide to preparing annual accounts.